Every year my mom asks me to make a birthday wish list. This year some others have asked too, and I actually have some things, so here goes:
- Books of Poetry - I only have an Emily Dickinson collection and a couple falling apart volumes from the Harvard Classics collection. And just this past weekend we brought home Bill's copies Of Shel Silverstein's 3 collections of poetry for kids. I would like more poetry. Yes this is at the top of my list for a reason.
- The soundtrack to "Amadeus"
- A brand new L.L. Bean blackwatch plaid flannel shirt, size men's Tall, large (I like to use them instead of a bathrobe)
- A brand new blackwatch plaid flannel shirt, size medium (experimentally, it would be interesting to have one my size)
- A new black leather wallet
- The Box set of the "Lethal Weapon" movies.
- A copy of the first Drew Barrymore "Charlie's Angels" movie
- A copy of From Printout to Published: A Guide to the Publishing Process by Michael Seidman
- A copy of The UK (original) version of Neverwhere, and one of Mr. Punch, both by Neil Gaiman
- A copy of "A Short Film About John Bolton" (well, maybe not in hand, but you can preorder a copy over at http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=NVG009623)
- subscription to Asimov's or any other science fiction-related magazine except Fantasy and Science Fiction and Locus, to which I already subscribe
- The soundtrack to "Toys"
- A really nice radial arm saw (meaning the carriage assembly can move the motor assembly so the saw is completely back out of the cutting area, and the motor assembly can rotate for different degrees of cutting. At least a 10 " blade. something that comes with a table would be nice.) (a roller stand would be nice too)
I do have a wish list over at Amazon.com too, but it's mostly just things I've noted I would like.
New SF books and music are always welcome. I like most kinds of music, if it's good, and would like more classical music, especially with horns.
I also want a laser printer, a scanner, and a really nice loaded macintosh but I think I'm going to wait until I get a new job and then reward myself with those.